Nomad - Nord Modular Patch Editor
- Open Issues
The project attempt is to provide an alternative to the Clavia Nord Modular editor.
- Java Runtime Environment Version 5.0
How to built Nomad is described on the Developer Information page.
Nomad still has a far way to go until it provides the functionality of Clavia's editor. Currently it is possible to
- read/write patch files
- send/get patch files to/from the synth (any slot)
- sending and receiving parameter changes to/from the synthesizer
Please note that currently
- writing patch files might result in invalid patch files
- the communication with the synthesized is not stable
- several modifications of a patch are not synchronized with the synthesizer
- more documentation
- user interface documentation
Usability / User Interface
Nomad should have a intuitive user interface that supports the user in his creative work. Nomad should also come with a user interface documentation. The module documentation could be integrated in the module definitions and rendered by the application.
We need a complete set of icons especially the module icons. These icons should be available in the vector graphics format SVG. Additionally there should be an ANT build script for rendering the rasterized images.
Nomad should have a lightweight plugin framework.
Nomad should provide methods for organizing patch files.